Narnia Costumes: Reepicheep
What you’ll need:
• Gray and pink card stock (or other firm paper)
• White pipe cleaners
• Long Red feather
• Hot glue gun and glue stick
• Thin plastic headband
• Plastic or cardboard sword
• Belt or sash (to hold sword)
• Gray sweatpants
• Gray shirt or sweatshirt
1. Cut the gray card stock in the shape of a mouse’s face with two rounded ears. Measure the mask around your head and cut two holes for your eyes in the appropriate spot. Cut the pink cardstock in the shape of a pointy nose and cut two round pieces for inside the ears.
2. Place three pipe cleaners on the pointy nose and fan them out to make whiskers. Cut them to your desired length. Use the hot glue gun to glue the pipe cleaners in place.
3. Using the hot glue gun, attach the nose and whiskers onto the gray mask.
*For children 13 years old and under, ask an adult for permission before using a hot glue gun.
4. Measure the elastic around your head so that it is taught. Cut at the appropriate length. Staple the elastic to the back of the mask underneath the ears.
5. Using the hot glue gun, attach the long red feather to the side of the headband. You may want to wrap some elastic around the base of the feather for added support. Allow to dry.
6. Put on the gray clothing and belt. Secure the sword in the belt. Put on the headband and mask, and now you are Reepicheep. Don’t forget to defend Aslan with honor!